Spring Into Verse -Day 24 A Poem of Visions Splendid

Today's poem was inspired by observation of another person.It's important to choose a subject you know well. In this case my best friend, my dear wife, Vicki. 

Sit still for a moment and observe carefully and a picture will emerge. A picture capable of translation into words... 



Visions Splendid

I have watched you
Walking the shoreline
The water calm at your feet
Your favorite hat of the moment
Silhouetted by a descending sun.

And I have watched you
Reading on a couch
Curled up and content in another world

I have watched you
Gardening among your favorite roses
Nurturing and encouraging new life

I have heard you singing
Only because you want to and to hell with original lyrics
Any time, any place.

And I have seen
Sparkling eyes that greet small discoveries
With an enthusiasm that inspires greater deeds

I have watched you skip along the street
Because the sky is blue
Or the warm sun has touched your face

I have seen these things and more
Splendid visions

Sightings of a rare spirit 

Alan j Wright
From the Collection, 'Poems For The Sun Princess'

Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems