Spring Into Verse Day 21 - The URGE to WRITE Poem

This poem began with the words, 'I write' and grew from a question I was once asked as to  my personal motivation to write. I have also tried this approach with the words, 'I Remember.' It is a way to reveal much of what you know about yourself and the repetition helps maintain the writing focus



I WRITE

I write in the early morning light
I write at night when the house falls quiet
I write when the urge is too great to ignore
I write when I have the need to understand
I write to record the events of my fortunate life
I write because I am curious
I write poetry to capture rainbows in a jar
I write wearing my favourite jeans because I want to feel comfortable and relaxed
I write to entertain myself
I write to sort out my confusion
I write when I am angry or annoyed
I write because it fulfills a need within me to communicate my ideas.
I write using my computer
I write scribbled thoughts and ideas on scraps of paper.
I write with gel black pens 
I write to explain myself
I write in a variety of styles
I write with a window nearby so that I can always see the world outside
I write with music playing
I write surrounded by silence
I write in cafes
I write in airports
I write when I won’t be bothered by interruptions
I write daily notebook entries
I write song lyrics
I write knowing that I will rewrite later
I write because I need to plot my journey
I write for me
I write for an audience
I write as often as time will permit
I write using time I have stolen
I write to feel satisfied
I write

Alan j Wright


Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems