May Days Poems-'Notebook Notions' May 18


May 18

National Notebook Day in  Americca - May 18, 2023 (Third Thursday in May)

Okay, I don’t live in America, but I am a committed notebook writer. I have been gathering entries in notebooks for more than 40 years.

 I’m just as excited about the role they play in informing my writing life now as I was way back at the beginning. So, here’s to notebooks!

 














Notebook Notions

Notebook time begins

Thoughts are pondered

Ideas considered

Fragments and phrases emerge

Word gathering begins

And those magical letters

Nestle gently upon the notebook lines

Clicking into place

Like jigsaw pieces

No longer elusive

No longer hidden from sight.

©Alan j Wright

Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Opposite Poems

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS