May Days Poems-'Cat In The Window' May 30

May 30 

Today, purr chance, is International Hug Your Cat Day!

I don’t own a cat and I’m not likely to randomly pick up somone’s elses cat and give it a hug. 

It is safe to say my personal history with cats is patchy at best. I'll leave it at that...

 So, I’ll just share this poem about a cat named, Sir Fluffikins, who I assume received lots of hugs from his owner.











Cat in the Window 

Grandma’s cat

Sir Fluffickins

Sits on the windowsill

Beside the floral curtains

Like a statue ever still


He stares at people

On the street

Slowly passing by

And no one seems to notice

His ever watchful eye


So the cat sits by the curtains

Curtains, faded by the sun

He stares

He purrs

And gazes out

Unseen by anyone.


©Alan j Wright


Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Opposite Poems

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS