May Day Poems-'Hamburger Heathen' ' May 28

 May 28 

Today is apparently International Hamburger Day!  That's it...

Sorry, I'm not participating in the fun in the bun day. At best, a very occasional 'food' for me.


















HAMBURGER HEATHEN

It’s Hamburger day

I’ll give it a miss

I’m in no brioche

To have one.


Not one with lot

Or a side serve of fries

I don’t need cholesterol

To be on the rise.


Hamburgers

Don’t suit me

Just hungry crocodiles

With enormous mouths.


So, not one with the lot

Or a side serve of fries

I don’t need cholesterol

To be on the rise.


No compressed patty

Dripping with saturated fat

Fast food fanatic

Is not my kind of role


Start the celebration

Without me...


©Alan j Wright


Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Opposite Poems

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS