May Day Poems-'Hamburger Heathen' ' May 28

 May 28 

Today is apparently International Hamburger Day!  That's it...

Sorry, I'm not participating in the fun in the bun day. At best, a very occasional 'food' for me.


















HAMBURGER HEATHEN

It’s Hamburger day

I’ll give it a miss

I’m in no brioche

To have one.


Not one with lot

Or a side serve of fries

I don’t need cholesterol

To be on the rise.


Hamburgers

Don’t suit me

Just hungry crocodiles

With enormous mouths.


So, not one with the lot

Or a side serve of fries

I don’t need cholesterol

To be on the rise.


No compressed patty

Dripping with saturated fat

Fast food fanatic

Is not my kind of role


Start the celebration

Without me...


©Alan j Wright


Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Teaching the Developing Writer the Benefits of Rereading

Moving Student Writing From the Notebook to Publishing

Slice Of Life Story-The Trials Of A Left Handed Writer

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing