The Value of Making Lists in a Writer's Notebook - A VIDEO

Here is my latest video. It deals with making lists in our writer's notebooks. 

In the video I share some of many ways making lists assists me to be a more effective  writer.

Lists:

  • Help me organize my thoughts
  • Brainstorm new ideas and possibilities
  • Help me plan my writing intentions
  • Allow me to indulge in valuable wordplay
  • Expand my thinking
  • Expand my choices/options
  • Allow me time to have some writing fun
  • Challenge my current thinking
  • Activate my thoughts before I write

Across almost 40 years of using a writer's notebook the making of lists has been a constant feature of my harvesting efforts.

When you create a list it is a most practical exercise for a writer to undertake. You are building your knowledge, harvesting potential and taking action that may eventually transform into something more meaningful. 

Tip: Some writers leave a blank page opposite the list page. This allows them to respond in greater detail, should they feel the urge. 






Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems