ALEA Conference, Darwin, 2022, Donald Graves Address

Donald Graves Address, ALEA Conference, Darwin, July, 2022

Donald Graves

I am both proud and humbled to be invited to deliver the Annual Donald Graves Address at the Australian Literacy Educator's Association (ALEA) National Conference in Darwin, at the Waterfront Conference Centre, July 2022.

Rare air indeed, to follow in the footsteps of previous presenters, Mem Fox, Ralph Fletcher and Robyn Ewing among others. I feel duly honoured by this special opportunity I have been afforded.

Most importantly, it presents as a highly valued opportunity to honour the incalculable global contribution Donald Graves' research made to the teaching of writing, as well as his personal impact on my teaching and writing life. My heart sings...

Donald Graves was a writing revolutionary who impacted pedagogical approaches to writing, across numerous countries. I very much look forward to shining a light on his incredible legacy -past, present and future.

Hopefully, Covid willing, I will get to see some of you at the conference in July. Fingers crossed...

For information regarding this conference, please follow the link: ALEA National Conference 2022



Presenting at ALEA Conference, Darwin, 2014




Comments

  1. Looking forward to your address!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli, I look forward to this opportunity too. Hope I deliver words that make your heart sing a little.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems