BOOK WEEK 2021 -Reading Poetry To Young Readers & Writers

 Book Week 2021

I had so much fun this morning with on line reading of poems- older poems from my books and some freshly minted poems from my recent notebook gatherings. I shared them with two groups of impressionable 5-7 year old  readers & writers from Rowville PS.

We explored poetry's vast terrain to show all the worlds in which ideas for writing await us...

Not surprisingly,  I enjoyed presenting and sharing. I hope my enthusiastic reading and sharing delivers some writing energy and confidence. Some little spark of an idea to set these young poets going...

Finger's crossed. It was fun for me to be able to share a little of my experience and hopefully my love of poetry was apparent to these curious learners.

Here are two of the poems I shared. Hope you like them too. Feel free to share them with other curious learners and probationary poets.





Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing Opposite Poems

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals: