Spring Into Verse Day 28 - What Lurks In Sandra's Lunch Poem


Our sense of smell is a wondrous thing. It can alert us to a sublime perfumed delight as well as those acute odors that are best avoided. Today, it is smells that inspires my poetry. I intend to raise a stink...



SANDRA'S LUNCH

Just what lurks in Sandra's lunch?
Munch and crunch!
Munch and crunch!
Just what lurks in Sandra's lunch,
Do you want to know?
I think I have certain hunch
Just what lurks in Sandra's lunch
I think I have a certain hunch
Do you want to know?
Well, yesterday was curried egg
Curried egg
Curried egg
Yesterday was curried egg
The day before salami
The things you find in Sandra's lunch
Are enough to drive you barmy !
One day, her lunch I tell you true
Was something green and runny too
....Something green and runny
Now that isn't very funny!
But of all the sights and smells that lurk in Sandra's putrid lunch
What she's brought to school today...
Now that really packs a punch
I can tell
I can smell
A smell to make me scream
Guess what I think I know I smell

Yes, - Sandra's got SARDINES !

Alan j Wright

Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing Opposite Poems

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals: