Reading, Writing and Real Life Connections.

Life and Literature enacted a strong connection for me recently as I vacationed on Bali at Candi Dasa. I stood on the beach at Pantai Pituh and just off shore was a small island. An island that bore a strong resemblance to the island depicted in Margaret Wild's beautiful picutre story book, 'Tanglewood.'
Such a special moment.  I immediately captured the scene with my camera. The eye of the writer and the mind of the reader working in harmony. 
What a magical connection. Check it out and see if you agree. 








Small island offshore from Pantai Pituh, near Candi Dasa, Bali, Indonesia



Comments

  1. Love the pictures! And now I'm off to request Tanglewood, a new book adventure for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems